Current Events: A Humorous Take
It’s been quite a year, hasn’t it? We started off with a bang, literally, when Iran fired missiles at US military bases in Iraq. And then there was the whole impeachment saga, which seems like a distant memory now. Oh, and let’s not forget the Australian bushfires that destroyed over 18 million hectares of land. But wait, there’s more! We’re currently in the midst of a global pandemic that has killed millions, and protests against police brutality and systemic racism are raging across the world. All in all, it’s been a wild ride.
But hey, we’re not here to dwell on the negative. Let’s try to find some humor in these trying times, shall we?
How to Overcome Fear and Anxiety
First things first, it’s okay to be scared. These are scary times! But there are some things you can do to ease your anxiety:
- Limit your news intake. It’s important to stay informed, but too much news can be overwhelming.
- Find a healthy distraction. Whether it’s a hobby or spending time with loved ones (virtually, of course), find something that takes your mind off things.
- Practice self-care. Take a bubble bath, read a book, or do some yoga. Whatever makes you feel good!
Tips for Staying Motivated and Productive
Working from home can be tough, especially when there are so many distractions (hello, Netflix). Here are some tips for staying on track:
- Set a schedule. Treat your workday like a regular workday, with set start and end times.
- Create a designated workspace. This will help you stay focused and in the work mindset.
- Take breaks. It’s important to step away from your computer every once in a while to avoid burnout.
It’s easy to get bogged down by everything that’s going on in the world right now. But it’s important to find some levity and humor where we can. And remember, it’s okay to be scared and anxious. Just take care of yourself and those around you, and we’ll get through this together.